Add a Catalyst Tool
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace to which you want to add content.
- On the menu on the left, click the view to which you want to add content. You will move to the selected view.
- Click Add content (found immediately underneath the title of the view). The drop-down menu will open, displaying six options: Rich text, Catalyst Tool, Files, Link, RSS Feed, or Google Calendar.
- Choose Catalyst tool to add a WebQ survey or quiz, a GoPost discussion board, a Collect It dropbox, or other item that you have created using the Catalyst Tools. Select a Catalyst tool from the menu of tools you have already created.
- To add an optional title or description for the Catalyst Tool, hover your mouse and click in the highlighted area. Enter the title or description in the space provided.
- Click Save.
Adding a Catalyst tool associates the tool with a specific CommonView site. After adding the tool, other CommonView sites will not be able to add that tool item. For instance, if there is already a CommonView utilizing GoPost board "Biol 101," a second CommonView cannot add the same "Biol 101" GoPost board. If you want more than one CommonView to link to a certain Catalyst tool, you can choose Add rich text and create a link to the Catalyst tool.