Import Scores from a File
You can upload student scores, new assignments, total scores, and class grades to a grade book by importing an Excel (.xls) or comma-separated value (.csv) file into a grade book. GradeBook also accepts ScorePak® score report spreadsheets formatted by the Office of Educational Assessment (OEA).
Note: GradeBook will only import scores from a correctly formatted file containing the necessary student information and column headers (i.e., any 4.0 or custom scale assignments created will not be accepted through import). We recommend exporting a grade book to Excel, adding scores or assignments, and then importing the updated file. You cannot add new students to a grade book through import. You cannot add or edit notes in a grade book through import.
Follow these steps to import an OEA-formatted ScorePak® scores file, or a GradeBook Excel spreadsheet or CSV file into a grade book:
- On the account page, click the name of the grade book that you want to import scores to. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- Click Export or Import, which is located at the top center of the grade sheet. The drop-down menu will open.
- Select Import... and then choose either GradeBook file or OEA scores spreadsheet. The "Import" dialog box will appear.
- Click Browse and locate the spreadsheet file on your desktop computer. The upload will automatically begin once a file has been selected.
- GradeBook will check to make sure the file is formatted correctly to import successfully. Click Next when the file has finished uploading and has been validated.
- If there is more than one section/group in the grade book, select the section(s) for which you want to import scores.
- Select the assignments containing the scores that you want to import into the grade book. Only scores from assignments that you select will be imported. The number of scores and number of blanks (no score entered) is listed next to each assignment. Blank scores will overwrite any existing score when the file is imported.
- If you import a new assignment (created in the file), you will be prompted to select a category and scale, and enter points possible for the new assignment.
- Click Next when you are finished selecting items to import. A table of current scores and the scores that will be imported will appear.
- Review the table of students and scores. Click Import to proceed with the import.