For UW Students and other app users
Will there be other versions of the app?
- SpaceScout is currently available for as a native application iOS mobile devices, and as a mobile-optimized web-based application that can be accessed from any mobile device or desktop computer. We will develop a native version for Android phones in the coming months. At this time, we do not plan to create a version for any mobile platforms other than iOS and Android phone.
Will UW Bothell and UW Tacoma spaces be included?
- We plan to add UW Bothell and UW Tacoma spaces during the academic year.
How about crowdsourcing? Can students submit spaces, or rate and comment on spaces?
- We hope to work on this feature soon.
Can I reserve a room via SpaceScout?
- Not at this time. Some spaces can be reserved via the space owner's website or by emailing the space owners. When you are viewing a space that can be reserved, you'll find information about how to do so in the space details screen.
I have other ideas for new features!
- Please write to us at email@example.com and let us know what else you'd like to see!
For UW Staff and Faculty
Where did all the data come from?
- The SpaceScout team worked with UW Seattle Libraries, Computing Directors, and Housing and Food Services to identify spaces to include and to gather preliminary data, as well as systematically exploring campus to identify other spaces students are using. The team then visited each space to get the most accurate information possible.
Can I work with you get my department's spaces in the app?
- Yes! Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't want my department's spaces in the app!
- That’s fine, too. Please get in touch with our admin and data management team by emailing email@example.com.
For other institutions
Can I use SpaceScout at my university?
- Yes! SpaceScout is open source and is hosted on Github.